Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Technology Inconvenience

Oh man! a new stream of thoughts..

I am getting bored in office. No work . Rather I finished it early. Those who don't want to read garbage please press the red cross button on top right of your screen. I will bore you. Read this if you have nothing else to do.

I was just thinking. How advanced are we.

I am technocrat. Working as a market analyst (a hip-hop profile for those who don't know wht it is). I use some 6 year old Motorola phone. If, I travel by bus and a pick-pocket gets it out of my pocket he will come back to me giving back the mobile and may be a few rupees in charity.

My dad. He is a top executive of a nationalized bank. He loves his children as anybody else would do. He bought my sis one of the costiliest cameras available in the Indian market. I went back home. He is back from Kolkatta (read with Punjabi ac-sent). Brought a new mobile for me too. It was red colored. (OOH didn't he get any other color). It's cost was half my salary (only meant for those who know it). It was a great phone. But I asked him to take it back to Kol-kataa (read with a Bengali ascent as it is going back).

My sis is a wud-be surgeon. She is SUPPOSED to work hard in her hospital. Take great care of her patients. But she has got a similar mobile. 99% of times she is hooked to it. May be shes asking her fellow doctors about consultation. I don't know. She is a desi. Give her a computer she will get confused between an excel sheet andd a pdf document. But she has all the antra-tantras NEEDed to call oneself hip-hop. Does she NEED all this.

I have explained my family more than the gadgets, here. But the point is this. We have everything around us on sale. I still am trying to figure out why a budding surgeon NEEDs a 10 megapixel camera more than an eye lash euipment. We have become slaves to machines. People say we are yet to reach that stage. I disagree. We are losing on the priorities. We don't know what to buy and why to buy FIRST. Because our minds are getting conditioned day in and day out. We can't stop this NEED for greed syndrome.Can we. If we could, my company gets out of business. I am not a swadesi or a communist. I simply question the existense of all these consumer products which come without any information on DO WE REALLY NEED THEM.

As I end, my motorola mobile blips for a message to download the latest bollywood ringtones.

Lunch Break.Life is weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i donno if life's weird.. but u surely are!

test Kapil Goyal said...

anonymous: i take tht as compliment . tks .